Saturday, October 9, 2010

Weekend Fun!

   Well, it looks like it's going to be a busy weekend!  I'm going to make myself stay away from the computer as much as possible so I can get things done. 

   First things first, we've got peppers and carrots that need to be cleaned up and popped into the freezer.  I'm not sure if we're going to be able to do the peppers now, because they've been waiting a little longer than normal, but the carrots will be fine.  Because we're doing that I'll be able to clean out the fridge and then go grocery shopping!  Woohoo! I love a clean refrigerator.  Satisfaction guaranteed!
   H has a birthday party this weekend that no one but I can take her to.  Her parents don't have a vehicle to take her and they had other plans so I was asked and I'm so glad because even though I raised my own child and took her everywhere, she never went to a "real" birthday party.  They were always slumber parties where the parent just dropped them off, so I'm really looking forward to that.  Her brother, G, has been on me about picking him up and bringing him home with me so he can play with the dogs and see D.  He begs me each time we talk on the phone, and to be honest, I'd love to take him home and have him live with us forever.  There's nothing like being something special to a kid.  I know it's selfish, but it brings out the best in me.  Hugs are contagious. 
   We've got some cleaning to do this weekend as well as laundry.  It's pretty cold this morning and I'm not sure if I'm going to use the clothesline or not.  We'll see...
   And last but not least, I want to scrap a little.  I've got some ATC cards that I need to get started on.  I've got to go visit my friend M and borrow her hole punch so I can make snowmen.  I'm looking so forward to this challenge because I can visualize the colors I want to use and this card is going to be so cute.  At least in my head anyway.  I haven't seen any other cards from these challenges yet, so I hope mine are comparable in design and weight.
   So friends, it's going to be a good weekend.  The sun is out, the leaves are all different sorts of colors, and I'm rearing to go!  It's perfect pumpkin choosing weather too!  Another "to-do" for my list.
Happy Columbus Day and extra long weekend everybody!

1 comment: