Friday, September 4, 2009

Why I'm Here

One day I was born...

Well, that's one reason I'm here but not the main one. I want to write and a wise person once told me that in order to become a writer, one must write every day about anything. That was my aunt, and she was a published author, so she knew what she was talking about.

I turned 40 the other day and realized I hadn't written my novel yet, and I thought that I might want to start working out my mind and get in the habit of putting my thoughts on paper. I used to do this a lot when I was a teenager, and I have ton of adolescent writings boxed up in my closet that my boyfriend refuses to let me burn. He thinks I might need it someday. I just hope I don't die before it's destroyed!

I started a novel about eight years ago, but even though I started out strong, I lost momentum and I haven't gotten it back yet...

So that's why I'm here. I love constructive criticism, so feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment