Sunday, July 25, 2010

Vacation

Vacations, for me anyway, suck. 
It's because they come to an end and on the last day, like today, I get depressed because I have to go back to the real world.  Now, don't get me wrong, I am very grateful that I have a job and that I get paid a good wage.  However, I wish I could concentrate on what I want to do, not what I HAVE to do.
It was a good vacation.  We traveled to the Remington Museum, Boldt Castle and the Wild Center in Tupper Lake.  We spent time with D's sister and brother in law.  We picked berries and baked cherry crisp.  And yesterday I finally started scrapping.  I had forgotten why I loved it. 
So today I am doing laundry and praying it won't rain while my sheets are on the line.  But I'm also trying something new.  I'm going to try a new way of life.  After work I will go on vacation - every day.  I will wake up in my "vacation home" and commute to the office from there.  Every day I will look forward to going on vacation at the end of the day.
Will it work?  Will it shake things up enough so I don't get stuck in a rut again?  Will I start to write or scrapbook more?  Will I pay more attention to D?  Or to myself?  Even during this vacation we did more with others than the two of us together.  By the time we got home in the evenings we were exhausted.  We didn't even go to the gym and I find that I've missed it!  Maybe I'm ill...
So, I will try the new lifestyle I've mapped out for myself.  I'll check back in and let you know if I've committed myself to it or if I've been too busy to pretend.  Hopefully I can make it real.  Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment